for your love
The future observatory with a 360° view.
The next chapter of our legacy.
- New Visitor Facilities and Services
- Street level interior access to all the facilities
- Two-storey pavilion integrated to Mount Royal with green roofs
- Better accessibility for persons with reduced mobility
- Holy Family Plaza
- New pedestrian area on the roof of the welcome pavilion
- New monumental structure for Quebec’s only carillon
- Addition of 5 bells to the 56 current bells of the Oratory’s carillon
- Installation of a new public work of art
- Reconfiguration of the monumental garden in front of the Oratory
- Elimination of paved surfaces and augmentation of plant cover
- Reduced road traffic and increased pedestrian spaces on site
- The beautiful, massive dome and the highest view of Montreal
- Creation of a unique exhibition and presentation space accessed by a spiral walkway inside the dome
- An observation tower at the dome’s summit, which will achieve the Basilica architects’ vision; a 360° view of the city and its surroundings
- Complete renovation of the Museum to create a more multi-use and illuminated venue to highlight its collection of over 30,000 objects and archival documents.